Contact us at:
Believe me, if with a blink of an eye I could arrive in Barcelona, Brazil or Birmingham teach a fun class to amazing students and be back in time for dinner, I would do it. That’s why I created Something Splendid. So we can connect all over the world in the comfort of our homes and make something splendid together.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Register & choose an online workshop
- You will receive a kit including the supplies to make exactly what the workshop will be teaching. (There’s also an option to just take the class lessons & use your own supplies.)
- Get any needed tools together while waiting for kit to arrive in the mail. Usually two weeks once registration closes before class starts.
- Log-in and click on “your classes.” This is where you will find the class lessons including detailed instructions & video tutorials when your class begins.
- Emails will be sent out as a reminder when a new lesson is posted.
- The classes are self-paced so you can take your time and tune in when it is convenient for you.
- Have fun making something splendid
Teaching craft workshops is something I adore for many reasons. The first and foremost being: the students! I love meeting ladies, just like me, who have a desire to create and especially to capture their life moments & document them with paper and glue. Here’s a little background about me:
I started crafting when I was a little girl. My first scrapbook is of fifth grade camp. Complete with my leather bracelet I hammered my name into under the plastic pages and a photo of the mountains cut up to spell “camp.”
My first big break was winning Scrapbooker Of The Year for Creating Keepsakes Magazine in 2007. I had never been published in the magazine so you could imagine my excitement. My column Dear Lizzy featured for over a year and I enjoyed reading questions from all over the world. A couple years later, I was over joyed to author a book, “52 more Scrapbooking Challenges.” A fabulous, creative experience where I poured my heart onto every page of that book.
My most recent exciting endeavor is the release of my own craft line, Dear Lizzy. A collaboration with American Crafts including: crochet flowers, fabric paper, stickers, fabric brads & ruffle ribbon.
I’ve been married to Collin for eight years. He actually took me on her first date when I was fifteen. We now have three silly, adorable girls who keep us very busy. Check out my blog for creative inspiration and ordinary thoughts about our extraordinary days: